Royal Wedding Celebrations Garden Party, British Embassy Beijing
Saturday, May 19, 2018 18:00 to 22:00 British Ambassador to China’s Residence, 15 Guanghua Lu, Beijing, 100600 (close to the south-east corner of Ritan Park) 光华路15号日坛公园东南角
Saturday, May 19, 2018 18:00 to 22:00
Scan and Share
The British Embassy Beijing
The British Embassy Beijing
Welcome to the registration page for the British Embassy Royal Wedding Celebrations
British nationals and friends in Beijing are invited to the British Ambassador to China’s Residence to watch the BBC broadcast of the Wedding of HRH Prince Henry of Wales and Ms Meghan Markle on Saturday, 19 May. The event will be held on the Residence Gardens lawn. A BBQ and range of summer refreshments will be on offer to help celebrate the occasion. Please bring a rug and a few of your own nibbles/drinks and just sit back, relax and enjoy the live broadcast!
18.00- 18.20- Performance by The British Embassy Choir
18.20-18.30- Welcome address by Deputy Head of Mission Martyn Roper OBE
18.30- Start of live broadcast including pre-wedding commentary
19:00 The Wedding ceremony begins
At the event, we will also be running a series of fun competitions throughout the evening, including a prize for the best dressed guests and best group photo competition.
All attendees must register for tickets before 12.00pm (NOON) Thursday 17 May 2018. Each British national is welcome to bring up to three non-UK national guests, whose details should be entered as part of the registration. Guests will not be admitted to the event without prior registration.
Please read the detailed registration instructions below:
1. You must be a British passport holder or a guest invited by the British passport holder to attend this event (The main registrant must be a British national)
2. All guests must bring a form of photo ID to gain entry to the event, the same which they used to register their attendance to the event.
3. If you are bringing a non-British national guest please ensure to enter their details as part of your registration form.
4. Once registered, the British passport holder will receive a confirmation e-mail (including the details of their invited guest), which they and their guests will need to show (on your phone or via a printed copy) to gain entry to the venue. Guests of the British national do not have to arrive at the same time to gain entry to the event, as long as they show the confirmation.
5. Children under 12 do not require to bring a form of photo ID but do need to be registered as a guest (either as under a parent/guardian or as an individual guest).
6. All tickets are non-transferable.
7. In true British style, the event will take place come rain or shine and will only be cancelled if the air pollution is above 300. However, we will notify you via email if this decision has been made.
For any questions please contact Beijing.RSVP@fco.gov.uk